Monday 6 June 2011

Polly van der Glas

Polly van der Glas

teeth-and-hair-jewelry3

teeth-jewelry-4

Melbourne-based jewelry designer Polly van der Glas has created some very innovative pieces to debut her collection. Sourcing her materials from friends and family, these unique pieces has definitely attracted my attention. Very odd but strangely beautiful.

"All works are handmade in Melbourne, with sterling silver, human hair and human teeth. Human teeth are locally donated and sterilised, and human hair is either locally donated or sourced from India and China. Teeth are particularly difficult to come by, so any donations are gratefully accepted. "

9 comments:

  1. Wow, creative indeed... but not for me... I like teeth where they belong... :)

    stylishpoint.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. creative but a little bit disgusting i think....:/
    maybe not for me!


    Veronica
    blameboogie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very orginal!!

    xoxo

    http://prisonerofashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for your lovely comment, the bracelet is from thomas sabo

    love, selina



    http://selinaderuijter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANK´S FOR YOUR VISIT!! :)) GREAT BLOG! www.pulsacoesplanetarias.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.. Very original but creepy :D

    Jonna xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! interesting pieces! very innovated....I'm not pretty sure if I wear them...probably if they are my own teeth....mmmm
    Kisses and thank you for your comment!

    www.angelesalmuna.com
    www.shopangelesalmuna.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are def interesting...

    x0
    annette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kind of creeps me out, but I like it.

    ReplyDelete